Please click here to download the NICEFLOW brochure.
Features – Fluid dynamics
NICEFLOW is a 2D and 3D Mixed-Element-Volume solvers for transient compressible and incompressible Euler and Navier Stokes equations.
- High order discretisation schemes : up to order 6 in space and 3 in time for both compressible and incompressible transient solvers.
- Fast and robust linear systems solvers dedicated to powerful and scalable parallel computations (tested on several million nodes).
- DNS (Re<10000).
- RANS k-eps (including low-Re Goldberg model).
- LES (Large Eddy Simulation) based models.
- User defined functions (own inlet velocity profile, turbulent and energy settings).
- Conjugate heat transfer between fluids and structures.
- Energy equations solved within user defined RHS.
- Temperature dependent rheology parameters.
- User defined functions (own temperature or/and flux settings).
- Numerical basin (naval and off-shore applications) :
- wave generator (regular/irregular, linear or non-linear),
- floating bodies (6DOF) and mechanical systems with anchors (linear or non linear).
- Improved high order and conservative Level-Set method.
- Free surface flow under microgravity (space applications).
- Surface tension.
- User defined functions (multiple level-set settings).
- Fast eulerian models to simulate dispersed phases including bubbles, solid particles and droplets (one way, two way coupling).
- Phase separation models.
- Emulsion : recent multi-scales model derived from kinetic theory.
- Mixing of liquids : multi-scales model to estimate the quality of multispecies blend.
- Gas mixing (perfect or stiffened gas).
- Non newtonian free surface flow (viscoplastic & viscoelastic fluids).
- Surface tension.
- User defined functions.
- Concentration transport and diffusion.
- Residence time.
- Viscoplastic fluids.
- Thixotropy (time dependent).
- Viscoelastic fluids (within high We number flows).
- Sand transport (within high concentration level and four way coupling).
- Non newtonian fluids mixing modelization : multi-scales model derived from kinetic theory.
- Emulsion : recent multi-scales model derived from kinetic theory, surface tension.
- User defined functions (own viscosity model settings, temperature dependencies, inlet velocity profiles…).
Features – Structural dynamics
NICEFLOW is a 2D/3D finite element structural solver, enable to solve linear and highly non linear problems.
- a neo-Hookean potential model, the coefficients of which can be either constant or given by an external user function (dependence in time, position and temperature),
- a Mooney-Rivilin potential model, the coefficients of which can be either constant or given by an external user function (dependence in time, position and temperature.
All these laws are reformulated so as the resulting potential model to be poly-convex and physically well-defined. Geometrical non-linearities are fully taken into account in the variational formulation.
Features – Fluid-Structure Interaction
NICEFLOW is a 2D/3D Mixed-Element-Volume solvers, for transient and strongly coupled fluid-structure interaction problems.
- Take both fluid and structural features presented above and launch your simulation using our FSI solver.
- NICEFLOW handles elastic or plastic contacts during FSI simulation.
- Strong coupling enables you to perform simulations with fluid and material densities ratio closed to one.
- Fast and modern fully implicit solver.
- See below how NICEFLOW can handle simulation including :
- intelligent mesh (to follow free surface and moving parts),
- free surface flow,
- fluid-structure interaction including rigid contact between moving objects.